Warm up with this classic Irish Coffee cocktail, made dairy-free and vegan! Consisting of Irish whiskey, brown sugar, coffee, cashew cream and a sprinkling of spice.
I found these two Irish Coffee glasses in my local charity shop recently and had to buy them.
Shortly after I was sent some delicious coffee (for a giveaway I’m running – click here to enter) and so I had no excuses not to make this recipe!
This vegan Irish Coffee is very simple to make and tastes incredible.
The only change is to use a vegan cream and I provide an easy recipe to make your own as well as store-bought suggestions.
- Irish Whiskey – I used Jamesons, which is my favourite. Use any whiskey you like, although, this being an Irish coffee, I would recommend an Irish one!
- Brown sugar – Brown sugar gives the best flavour. Feel free to use maple syrup instead.
- Dairy-free Double Cream – Here I’m using cashew cream (recipe included) but suitable store-bought options include ‘Elmea Plant’ and ‘Oatly Cream’.
Both available in supermarkets across the UK.
The consistency has to be pourable so my whipped coconut cream was not suitable in this recipe (it just sank).
Measure approximately 50ml whiskey and pour half into each glass.
Top with freshly brewed coffee, about 200ml in each glass.
Stir in the sugar.
Now for the slightly delicate part.
Use the back of a table spoon to let the vegan cream slide off, gently into the glass, to avoid it sinking.
Top with a sprinkling of ground nutmeg and/or cinnamon, if you desire.
Serve and enjoy!
If you enjoy this recipe, let me know in the comments, leave a rating and tag #WallflowerKitchen on instagram so I can share your creation on my stories!
- 50 ml Irish whiskey
- 400 ml freshly brewed coffee
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 4 tbsp dairy-free cream*
(optional) Cashew Cream
- 40 g raw cashews, soaked overnight (or in boiled water for 10 minutes)
- 60 ml unsweetened dairy-free milk
- ¼ tsp apple cider vinegar (or white vinegar)
- A tiny pinch of salt
- (Optional) Make your own dairy-free cream. Simply blend all the cashew cream ingredients until smooth, frothy and pourable, adding more milk if needed.
- Measure out the whiskey and divide into the two glasses.
- Top with your prepared freshly brewed coffee.
- Add the sugar and give it a good stir, to make sure it's dissolved.
- Slowly pour the cream onto the back of a tablespoon, positioned over the glass, letting it gently top the coffee.
- Finish with a grating of dark chocolate or a dusting of nutmeg and/or cinnamon, if you like.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- *Here I'm using cashew cream (recipe included) but suitable store-bought options include 'Elmea Plant' and 'Oatly Cream'. Both available in supermarkets across the UK.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 160Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 34mgSodium 13mgCarbohydrates 4gFiber 0gSugar 4gProtein 1g