If you love chocolate milkshake, you’re going to love this chocolate OAT shake!
Blended oats and water makes the most creamiest “milk” substitute and provides a subtle, delicious malty taste.
Plus, with these ingredients, this oat-shake is healthy enough for breakfast.
Chocolate Oat Shake
Yield: 1 glass
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
If you love milkshakes, try this dairy-free oat-shake! It's creamy, delicious and healthy enough for breakfast too.
- 45 g / ½ cup porridge oats
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- 10 ice cubes
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or sweetener of choice
- Approx 240ml / 1 cup almond milk or water
- Add the oats, cocoa powder, vanilla, salt, ice cubes and maple syrup to a high powered blend and mix until smooth. Add the almond milk or water in a bit at a time until you reach a desired consistency.
- Adjust sweetness if desired and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Nutrition InformationYield 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 160Carbohydrates 28gFiber 3gProtein 5g
How are the porridge oats made?
Hi Ashley, this is just referring to oats as an ingredient. Ignore the “porridge” bit :-)
Dave Joson says
Thicken it up with vegan Jello instant pudding mix
I had to tweak this slightly – I didn’t have ice cubes. And I used Koko coconut milk instead of water / almond which wasn’t chilled. I ended up with a very tasty but room temperature smoothie. It would be better with the ice cubes and cold plant milk!! This is a lovely, creamy, easy and quick breakfast – and pretty healthy! Thanks x
This is ace! Just like chilled chocolate porridge or overnight oats. Who wouldn’t want an excuse to have a chocolate milkshake for breakfast?!
Thank you Laura! :-)
Megan McPherson says
This looks delicious! I will be trying this recipe out this week!