Infused waters seem to be the latest trend so I’m jumping on the bandwagon today with my most pretentious “recipe” yet!
Rose, Lemon & Strawberry Infused Water. I am always happy to drink plain water but sometimes it’s nice to add a little flavour and if it helps you drink more, especially during the summer, then all for the better!
The rose bush in our garden is in full bloom and I just love the smell of fresh roses, especially after it’s just rained and the whole garden is fragranced with rose water. So I’m making the most of them with this infused water.
If you love rosewater, then you must try this! It’s so simple but so elegant, delicious and refreshing.
Strawberries pair beautifully with rosewater but so would raspberries or really any other berry of your choice. I like to use strawberries because they provide a very subtle sweetness too, as well as looking so pretty!
I wasn’t expecting it to create such a gorgeous colour. To look at, you wouldn’t know it was just infused water.
You can serve it straight from the jug into glasses or, as I prefer to, use a ladle and a small sieve to strain into the glasses and collect the pieces of fruit and petals.
Flavour-wise, the water has a very subtle sweet, floral flavour with a lovely zing from the lemon. It’s refreshing, calming and a very pleasant way to drink more water in the summer time!
If you enjoyed this recipe, let me know in the comments, leave a rating and tag #WallflowerKitchen on instagram so I can share your creations in my stories!
- Approx 100 g / 3.5 oz fresh strawberries, washed, hulled and halved
- Petals from a couple of pesticide-free roses, washed
- 1 lemon, sliced into wedges
- Filtered water
- Fill a jug with all the ingredients and leave to infuse in the fridge for at least a couple of hours, preferably overnight.
- You can serve it straight from the jug or you can strain it into glasses. I like to use a small sieve and a ladle to pour into the glasses and collect the petals and fruit pieces.
- That's it! Enjoy :-)
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 30Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 3mgCarbohydrates 4gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 0g