A vegan whipped cream made from coconut cream. All you need is a can of full fat coconut milk, some vanilla extract and your sweetener of choice!
Use this vegan whipped cream to make:
If you enjoyed this recipe, let me know in the comments, leave a rating and tag #WallflowerKitchen on instagram so I can share your creations in my stories!
- 1 can of full fat coconut milk, buy chilled
- or 400ml of homemade coconut milk, chilled
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- After full-fat coconut milk is chilled, the fat (the cream) will float to the top of the can. Simply scoop the cream out of the can and leave the watery milk in the can and save it for adding to curry or another recipe.
- To whip the cream, simply use an electric whisk or mixer to whip the coconut cream. Start by whisking it for a few minutes until thickened and then add the maple syrup and vanilla extract, whisk again until well combined. You should be left with a thick and creamy, but light whipped cream!
- Regrigerate in a bowl, covered with cling film for up to 3 days or use immediately.
- For a professional result, spoon the whipped cream into an icing bag fitted with a large star-shaped nozzle and pipe a swirl shape for a classic finish.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 144Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 12gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 0mgSodium 9mgCarbohydrates 5gFiber 0gSugar 3gProtein 1g