Sangria weather is here! Sangria is one of my favourite drinks for summer but I don’t normally like to drink a lot of alcohol, it seems to catch up with me far too quickly (I’m a lightweight, basically.)
So this is a non-alocholic Virgin Sangria I can happily sip on all day and it tastes just as delicious!
It’s also more hydrating, which helps in this weather.
I love scooping the juice-soaked fruit out from the bottom of the glass to eat afterwards. So delicious!
This Mocktail is:
- Dairy-free & vegan
- Gluten-free & paleo-friendly
- Super easy to make
- Refreshing and healthy!
Making a non-alcholic Sangria
The best fruit juices to use here are grape juice, cranberry juice and orange juice.
You can also experiment with apple juice.
The best part! I love using apples, oranges, strawberries and lemons but you can experiment with whatever is in season.
Peaches and cherries would also be incredible.
This is optional but allowing a stick of cinnamon to infuse in the juice for at least a few hours before serving, really takes it to a new level and brings it closer to a more familiar sangria.
For a bit of sparkle, I recommend soda water or you can also use just sparkling water.
- Mixed chopped fruit, I used apples, oranges, lemons & strawberries
- 120 ml / 1/2 cup red grape juice
- 120 ml / 1/2 cup cranberry juice
- 120 ml / 1/2 cup orange juice
- 360 ml / 1 1/2 cups carbonated water / soda water
- (optional) 1 cinnamon stick
- Add some chopped fruit to a large jug, filling it about 1/3 way.
- Pour in the juice.
- Optional: Add the cinnamon stick and allow it to infuse in the juice for at least 2 hours, or overnight in the fridge, before serving.
- Before serving stir in the soda water.
- Serve straight away and enjoy! It can be kept in the fridge for up to 12 hours.
What’s your favourite summer drink?