An easy fuss-free recipe for dairy-free caramel sauce. Perfect for pouring over desserts or baking in pies and tarts. Only 4 ingredients and 5-10 minutes to make this drool-worthy recipe.
Sweet, more-ish vegan caramel sauce that only requires 4 ingredients and 5 minutes to make?
Yes, dreams really can come true.
4 Ingredients to make Vegan Caramel Sauce
- Brown sugar
- Dairy-free milk - Soy milk or full-fat coconut milk works best.
- Dairy-free butter - Make sure it's a good-tasting one. I recommend Naturli block or Earth Balance Buttery Spread.
- Vanilla extract
- (Optional) Sea salt - To make this into Vegan Salted Caramel Sauce
How to make a 5-minute dairy-free caramel sauce
It's SO easy.
Simply mix all the ingredients in a medium saucepan (except the vanilla) on a medium heat, stirring until bubbling and thickened!
Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly before serving.
You can keep the sauce refrigerated for up to a week.
It will "set" when it's cooled so you will probably need to reheat it gently, for it to regain a pourable consistency.
Use this sauce to make...
- Vegan Chocolate Toffee Popcorn Celebration Cake
- Vegan Apple Pie with Salted Caramel
- Indulgent Vegan Twix Tart
- 200 g / 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 tbsp dairy-free milk, soy milk or full-fat coconut milk works best
- 8 tbsp dairy-free butter, make sure it's a good-tasting one
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- (Optional) ½ teaspoon of sea salt, to make Salted Caramel *
- Simply mix all the ingredients together, except the vanilla extract, in a saucepan on a medium boil.
- Once the mixture has thickened and is bubbling slightly, after approximately 5 minutes, remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Use the sauce straight away or keep refrigerated for up to a week. The sauce will "set" when it's cooled so you will probably need to reheat it for it to regain a pourable consistency.
*If adding salt, to make salted caramel, I suggest adjusting to your own tastes.