Sweet, more-ish caramel sauce that only requires 4 ingredients and 5 minutes to make? Yes, dreams really can come true.
All you need is some brown sugar, some good-tasting dairy-free butter (I recommend Vitalite or Earth Balance Buttery Spread), some dairy-free milk (I’ve tried this with both coconut milk and soy milk) and some vanilla extract.
Simply mix them all in a saucepan, on a medium heat until thickened!
- 200 g / 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 tbsp dairy-free milk, soy milk or full-fat coconut milk works best
- 8 tbsp dairy-free butter, make sure it's a good-tasting one
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Optional A pinch of sea salt
- Simply mix all the ingredients together, except the vanilla extract, in a saucepan on a medium boil.
- Once the mixture has thickened and is bubbling slightly, after approximately 5 minutes, remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Use the sauce straight away or keep refrigerated for up to a week. The sauce will "set" when it's cooled so you will probably need to reheat it for it to regain a pourable consistency.