A thick strawberry puree or a sauce that works as a jam substitute and tastes wonderful!
It only takes 5 minutes to make, uses no sugar and tastes delicious dolloped on scones or topped on your oatmeal.
Important: If using the xylitol version, please be careful if you have dogs in your house. Make sure they are out of the kitchen when you cook and the xylitol is stored in a tight container where they cannot get to it!
But you don’t have to use xylitol, which is just for a low-carb option. I love making this with agave or maple syrup too.
Quick Sugar-free Strawberry Sauce
A very quick and easy way to make sugar-free jam-like sauce at home. Delicious dolloped on scones or used as a filling for biscuits.
- 1 cup strawberries, roughly chopped
- Sweetener of choice: 1 tbsp xylitol, 3 drops of stevia or 1 tbsp maple syrup*
- 2 tbsp arrowroot powder or tapioca flour
- Mix the strawberries, xylitol and arrowroot together in a blender until smooth.
- Pour into a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Once boiling, whisk for a few minutes until the mixture turns very thick and stretchy.
- Remove from the heat and leave to cool completely before serving.
- Will keep for 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
*The sweetener you use will depend on dietary needs and taste. For low carb, opt for stevia or xylitol. Maple syrup is a sugar but is unrefined.
[email protected] says
The color of those strawberries and the jam is so beautiful. Sounds and looks gorgeous!
Hilary Powell says
Sorry Aimee I rated this one without trying it out first, tho I think I should do so as I can almost taste the strawberries now!!
Hilary Powell says
I like the look of this recipe, thank you for posting it Aimee. When the summer comes I’ll try it out with our home grown strawberries and home grown stevia. I think this would freeze well without the arrowroot, maybe in ice cube trays or bags.
Ooo that sounds delicious!! And that colour is so beautiful :D Can’t believe it’s only 3 ingredients!