Looking for a healthier festive treat? These chocolate, cranberry & orange hemp energy balls are made with raw, wholefood ingredients with natural plant-based protein and packed full of Christmass-y flavours.
For a healthier treat this Christmas, I’m keeping a supply of these Cranberry, Orange and Cocoa Hemp Energy Balls to hand.
They’re full of fruity, festive flavour and packed with nutritional goodness and plant-based protein.
The hemp seeds give a slightly nutty flavour but also make this recipe nut-free! Always check the label on the hemp hearts you buy though.
- Dried cranberries – Unsweetened preferably
- Medjool dates
- Spices – Ground cinnamon and ground mixed spice (you can also use pumpkin pie spice mix)
- Cacao powder – You can substitute cocoa powder if that’s all you have
- Shelled hemp seeds – Also known as hemp hearts
- Fresh orange
Mix everything together in a food processor.
Roll into 12 equal-sized balls with your hands.
Roll in cacao powder.
The easiest way to do this is to add a tablespoon of the powder to a container with a lid and shake it with the energy balls inside, for a quick and even coating.
That’s it! Serve and enjoy.
I recommend keeping in the refrigerator for optimal texture and freshness. Eat within 5 days.
- 80 g (½ cup) dried cranberries
- 100 g (approx 4 or 5) Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground mixed spice (or pumpkin pie spice mix)
- 1 tbsp cacao powder, plus extra for dusting
- 50 g (⅓ cup) shelled hemp seeds
- Zest of ½ orange and approx 1 tbsp fresh juice
- Mix everything expect the orange juice together in a food processor.
- Add the juice in a teaspoon at a time until the mixture clumps together and is a mouldable consistency.
- Roll into 12 balls.
- Dust some extra cacao powder onto a plate in a container and dust the balls.
- Serve and enjoy! Keep refrigerated for up to 5 days.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1 ball
Amount Per Serving Calories 74Total Fat 2.1gCarbohydrates 12.5gFiber 1.7gSugar 9.7gProtein 2g