Tasty fudgey brownie bites made with raw (nut-free) ingredients! These make a healthy snack but taste so good and are ridiculously easy to make.
I’ve had a quite a few comments and messages from readers asking about nut-free recipes.
When I first started this blog, I wanted to make recipes that everyone could enjoy and although many of my recipes are nut-free, I never had a dedicated category.
Well, I’ve just added a nut-free category to my recipe index now! And will be focusing on more nut allergy friendly recipes in the future :-) I’ve also added a soy-free section for those with soy allergies.
And to start you off, here is a recipe for raw brownie bites which use oats instead of nuts.
This also makes them naturally low in fat and excellent for lowering cholesterol. But aside from the healthiness, these are just plain gorgeous.
I’ve called them “brownie” bites because they have a rich texture and strong chocolate flavour, like a brownie.
I’ve made these raw brownie bites a few times now because they’re so handy for on-the-go snacks, breakfasts and quick chocolate fixes!
These raw brownie bites are:
- Dairy-free & vegan
- Gluten-free (use certified gluten-free oats, if needed)
- Low-fat and low calorie
- Healthy and cholesterol-lowering!
- 90 g oats, gluten-free, if needed
- 3 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 medium medjool dates, pitted
- In a food processor or high-powered blender, mix the oats and cocoa powder together into a flour.
- Add the vanilla and dates and blend until the mixture is well combined and starts to ball together.
- Add a tablespoon of water if needed, to help the mixture ball together.
- Take a tablespoon of the mixture and roll into a ball. Repeat until you have approximately 12 balls.
- Keep in an air-tight container for up to 10 days. Enjoy!
Nutrition InformationYield 12
Amount Per Serving Calories 75Carbohydrates 17.4gFiber 2.1gSugar 10.8gProtein 1.4g