This recipe is shared by DK Books, who have brought out a new healthy recipe book for 2016, called ‘Energy Bites’.
The book is filled with high-protein, nutritious snack balls that are perfect for on-the-go breakfasts and make tasty treats.
These Superfood Granola Bites really stood out to me because of the vibrant colour, plus I love anything with cinnamon in it.
Hope you enjoy this healthy sweet snack as much as I do and be sure to check out the rest of the book for more!
More healthy snacks:
If you enjoyed this recipe, let me know in the comments, leave a rating and tag #WallflowerKitchen on instagram so I can share your creations in my stories!
- 100 g / 3 1/2 oz blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 50 g / 1 3/4 oz maple syrup
- 50 g 1 3/4 oz coconut oil
- 100 g 3 1/2 oz rolled oats
- 25 g / 1oz pumpkin seeds
- 25 g / 1oz sunflower seeds
- 25 g / 1oz chia seeds
- 50 g 1 3/4 oz flaked almonds
- 25 g / 1oz ground almonds
- 25 g / 1oz raisins
- 25 g / 1oz goji berries
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1-2 tsp acai powder or baobab powder
- Put the blueberries in a pan with 1 tablespoon of water. Bring to the boil and simmer until the blueberries are really soft and squishy. Add the maple syrup and coconut oil and heat through until combined.
- Combine all the other ingredients in a big bowl. Add the blueberry mixture to the dry mixture and stir until well combined. The mixture will be stick. Divide into 16 evenly sized portions and roll into balls.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before eating raw.
Alternative: You can also bake these bites. Preheat the oven to 180c / 350f. Place on al large baking tray lined with parchment paper and bake for about 15 minutes. Allow to cool and serve.
Nutrition InformationYield 16
Amount Per Serving Calories 125Carbohydrates 9.8gFiber 1.9gSugar 4.7gProtein 2.9g