Sweet, chewy, coconutty macaroons drizzled in chocolate, anyone?
These beauties are raw, vegan, gluten-free, free from refined sugars, with all the goodness of green superfoods!
It’s hard to believe that something raw and healthy could compare to classic baked macaroons but these are SO delicious.
This recipe makes 8 large macaroons or 20 mini macaroons for a bite-sized treat.
To make the mini version, simply use a rounded teaspoon or roll the mixture into a small ball and flatten the bottom with your palm.
Raw Supergreen Macaroons
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 200 g / 2 cups + 2 tbsp dessicated coconut
- 1 tbsp Super Greens powder
- 4 tbsp raw agave nectar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- optional 1 tsp coconut extract or almond extract
- Water, if needed
For the chocolate topping:
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 2 tbsp raw agave nectar
- In a food processor, blitz the dessicated coconut with the Supergreens powder for a minute until well combined.
- Add the agave, vanilla and coconut extract (if using) and mix again. The mixture should start to clump together. If not, add a few small drops of water until it does.
- Prepare a baking tray with greaseproof paper and using an ice cream scoop or rounded spoon, make mounds of the mixture onto the tray to create macaroons. You will need to make sure the mixture is well packed into the spoon so that the macaroons don't fall apart.
- Leave in the freezer to firm up whilst you prepare the chocolate topping.
- Melt the coconut oil in a heat proof bowl, suspended over a pot of recently boiled water. Whisk in the cacao powder and agave nectar until smooth. Leave in the fridge until cool to the touch.
- Take the macaroons out of the freezer and dip the bottoms into the chocolate mixture to coat. It should set almost immediately.
- Then drizzle lines of the melted chocolate onto the tops of the macaroons. Return to the freezer to set for a few minutes, then they are ready to serve!
- Keep refrigerated for up to 5 days.
Nutrition InformationYield 8
Amount Per Serving Calories 190Carbohydrates 10gFiber 4.7gProtein 2.6g
Hana | Nirvana Cakery says
Vow, what a perfect simple recipe! The colour looks gorgeous too!
Thank you Hana! I love your creations x
Vanessa @VeganFamilyRecipes says
What wonderful macaroons! I love that rich green color.
Thanks Vanessa! I know, isn’t the colour amazing? And the fact its full of nutritional goodness is a bonus :D
Manju | Cooking Curries says
The look so adorable and cute (things I rarely use to describe food) and I want to eat them now! :)