It’s been a long time since I’ve blogged and I’ve really been missing it! I promise I will be back to my regular weekly schedule very soon and in the mean time, I’ve teamed up with Thought Clothing again to share with you this tasty, healthy treat…
If you’re a fan of chocolatey-nutty flavours, then you will love these. In fact, I loved them so much that I had to give most of them to my neighbours because I couldn’t stand not eating the whole batch in one go.
These bliss balls are packed with; raw cacao for a chocolate flavour, dates for natural sweetness, walnuts and flaxseed, which provide plenty of omega 3 and protein to help keep your skin healthy and give you an energy boost too! If you’re put off by the flaxseed, I promise it tastes really good in this recipe. It’s natural nuttiness pairs wonderfully with the walnuts and earthiness of the cacao so you’re left with a really moreish chocolatey, nutty flavour and no bitter aftertastes :-)
- 125 g (1 cup) walnut pieces
- 6 large medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp flaxseed powder, (or milled flaxseed)
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract, (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blitz until the mixture balls together into a dough.
- Roll into small balls and chill in the fridge for at least an hour before serving.
- (optional) Roll the balls in some extra cacao powder and flaxseed for a nutty-chocolatey coating and extra nutritional goodness!
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size ball
Amount Per Serving Calories 90Saturated Fat 1gCarbohydrates 2gFiber 1gProtein 1g