Brr, it’s cold outside. Time for some soup!
I’m collaborating with Urban Outfitters again and have used their adorable Soup Mugs to create this warming winter soup. With sweet butternut squash and spicy chilli.
Butternut squash is one of my favourite ingredients in a soup because it gives such a creamy, smooth and silky texture. Plus that delicious sweet flavour. Mmm!
There is something so comforting about eating soup from a mug. I think it’s that you can warm your hands up as your eat and alternate between using a spoon and sipping.
Warms you up inside and out :-)
This soup also makes use of the seeds from the squash, so nothing goes to waste! Simply fry the seeds in a little garlic olive oil for a lovely crouton alternative.
This soup is:
[li]Vegetarian & vegan[/li]
[li]Grain-free & paleo-friendly[/li]
- 1 kg butternut squash, cut into cubes (reserve seeds for later)
- 2 tbsp olive oil, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- Butternut squash seeds
- Garlic olive oil
- Coconut cream or yoghurt
- Black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 390 Degrees F. Add the butternut squash plus a tablespoon of olive oil to a large roasting tray. Shake about to coat the squash and roast for 30 minutes.
- Add the rest of the olive oil to a large saucepan and sauté the onion, garlic and chili until soft.
- Transfer to a blender and add the squash and stock. Blend until smooth, adding more stock if needed.
[info_box type=”download_box”]If you’ve tried one of my recipes, I would love to see and hear about it! Leave a comment below and tag your social media posts with #WallflowerKitchen[/info_box]