Here we go… first pumpkin recipe of the year.
So long, summer! It’s time for cosy autumn vibes now. And this recipe is full of autumn vibes. Hearty and earthy pumpkin paired with crisp, sweet apples and warming, spicy ginger – all in a deliciously comforting soup.
I’ve teamed up with Laura Ashley again who have provided me with these adorable pumpkin bowls to serve this soup with. Head over to their blog now for the full recipe!
The dress pictured below is also from Laura Ashley and is my favourite piece from their new range. It’s so perfect for this time of year. Light enough for warmer days but can be paired with a warm cardi and tights for chillier autumn and winter days. AND it has pockets. I love it.
- 500 g butternut squash or pumpkin, chopped into small cubes
- 2 medium gala apples, stalk removed and cut into large wedges
- 1 small red onion, cut into large wedges
- 3 garlic cloves, (unpeeled)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper
- 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger
- 1/2 tsp mixed spice , (or ¼ tsp nutmeg + cinammon)
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- A swirl of coconut milk
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Preheat oven to 200C / 390F. Add the squash/pumpkin, apples, onions ginger (kept in a large chunk) and garlic to a large roasting tin with the olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss to coat and roast for 30-40 minutes.
- Once cooked, unpeel the roasted garlic gloves and add them to a blender with the rest of the ingredients. Blend everything until smooth, adding more vegetable stock, if needed. Season to taste.
- To serve, add a swirl of coconut cream or dairy-free yoghurt. Top with chopped chives and pumpkin seeds.