Hearty and earthy pumpkin paired with crisp, sweet apples and warming, spicy ginger – all in a deliciously comforting soup.
Here we go… first pumpkin recipe of the year.
So long, summer! It’s time for cosy autumn vibes now.
And this recipe is full of autumn vibes.
Reasons to make this Pumpkin Apple Soup
This soup is something a bit different and the flavours really pop, which make it quite an exciting dish.
The smooth, earthy pumpkin paired with crisp, fresh apple and zingy ginger is incredible.
Makes the most of seasonal produce in the Autumn
Take advantage of apple and pumpkin season, enjoying this seasonal produce at its best.
Spices to warm you up
Ginger and cinnamon are wonderfully warming spices, which not only taste good but will help get your circulation pumping. They’re also powerful anti-inflammatories.
Of course, soups are wonderful for batch-cooking and freezing portions for later in the week or month.
This soup keeps well for up to 3 months in the freezer. Allow it to defrost over night before re-heating.
More Vegan Pumpkin Recipes:
- 500 g / 1 lb fresh pumpkin, peeled and chopped into 2-inch pieces
- 2 medium gala apples, stalk removed and cut into large wedges
- 1 small red onion, cut into large wedges
- 3 garlic cloves, (unpeeled)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt and pepper
- 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger
- ½ tsp mixed spice (you can also use 'pumpkin pie spice mix')
- 500 ml / 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- A swirl of coconut milk
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Preheat oven to 200C / 390F. Add the squash/pumpkin, apples, onions ginger (kept in a large chunk) and garlic to a large roasting tin with the olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss to coat and roast for 30-40 minutes.
- Once cooked, unpeel the roasted garlic gloves and add them to a blender with the rest of the ingredients. Blend everything until smooth, adding more vegetable stock, if needed. Season to taste.
- To serve, add a swirl of coconut cream or dairy-free yoghurt. Top with chopped chives and pumpkin seeds.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 308Total Fat 19gSaturated Fat 12gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 0mgSodium 569mgCarbohydrates 32gFiber 7gSugar 13gProtein 6g