Thank you Birds Eye for sponsoring this recipe!
I am smugly munching on these nachos as I type this and it’s times like this I really, really love my job. This bowl is SOOOOO GOOD. I am in heaven!
Spicy, chunky bean chilli with crispy, cheesy nachos. You can’t beat this combination.
This meal was so easy to put together too. The chilli is very simple and takes about 10 minutes to make, and the rest is mainly just assembling. The rice and avocado are optional but can transform it from a snack into a hearty meal.
Why we should eat more beans:
- Beans and lentils are so versatile. You can easily add them to almost any savoury dish for added flavour, satiation, protein and other nutritional benefits.
- They’re high in fibre, keep you fuller for longer and are great for digestion and heart health.
- They’re a great source of plant-based protein.
- They are low GI. Not only that – but they moderate your blood sugar for hours or even the next day after you consume them.
- High in potassium, magnesium and iron.
- So inexpensive yet very satiating. Good value.
Granted, the cheesy nacho element of this dish doesn’t provide much health benefits, but if you can get into the habit of including more beans into your meals, your body will thank you for it. And so will your taste buds!
Easy Bean Chilli
Make the chilli
Prepare the cheesy nachos
Assemble the bowl
Make a big bowl to share with friends or make it into a delicious dinner for one!