An easy vegan chilli bowl with nachos, including beans, vegetables, tortilla chips and dairy-free cheese. Great for lazy-day dinners!
If you are craving something spicy, comforting and a little bit messy, this Nacho Bean Chilli Bowl might be for you.
It can be made with store-cupboard ingredients, and doesn’t take long to prepare.
This dish is one of those lazy meals, where there isn’t too much cooking involved. And sometimes that’s what you want.
The ultimate lazy vegan nacho chilli bowl
The only things you’ll need to create a tasty nacho chilli bowl:
- Three-bean mix – You can use a tin of mixed bean salad, a frozen mixture of beans or use whatever beans you have in your store-cupboard.
- Onion, garlic & peppers – Plus whatever other veggies you want to add. Great way to use leftover vegetables in the fridge or you can take a shortcut and use frozen here.
- Spices – I use cumin, ground coriander and chilli powder. You can also use a “mexican” spice mix.
- Chopped tomatoes
- Tortilla chips – Plain salted tortilla chips
- Vegan cheese – Preferably one that melts well! Follow your heart are good for this.
- Cooked rice – Optional. Cook the rice yourself or use frozen/pre-made.
- Avocado – Also optional.
More Spicy Vegan Meals
Vegan Chilli Cheese Nachos
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Bean chilli, rice, avocado and cheesy nachos in one heavenly bowl.
Easy Bean Chilli
- 200 g / 7 oz Three-bean mix (tinned or frozen mix)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced/finely chopped
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp ground coriander
- ¼ tsp hot chili powder
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 x 400 g / 14 oz tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 bag of tortilla chips
- 100 g / 3.5 oz grated vegan cheese, (preferably one that melts nicely)
- 250 g / 8.8 oz cooked rice
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted and sliced
- Fresh coriander, torn
Make the chilli
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan on a medium heat. Saute the onions, garlic and pepper for 4 minutes, until softened.
- Add the spices, salt and pepper then cook for a further minute.
- Stir in the beans and chopped tomatoes. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
Prepare the cheesy nachos
- Heat the grill.
- Scatter the nacho/tortilla chips onto a baking tray and sprinkle with the vegan cheese.
- Cook for a few minutes until the cheese starts to melt, then remove from the heat.
Assemble the bowl
- Add a serving of the bean chilli to each bowl, along with some rice, avocado or any other extras you like, leaving room on one side of the bowl for the nachos.
- Place the nachos on the other side of the bowl. Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 588Total Fat 29gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 22gCholesterol 0mgSodium 417mgCarbohydrates 73gFiber 11gSugar 22gProtein 14g
delicious & easy to follow recipe. i made rice with it thank you
Glad you enjoyed it!
i added kale to my mix it was amazing
I love eating Mexican bowls and this one looks amazing.