Thank you Birds Eye for sponsoring this recipe
Easy Bean Chilli
- 200 g Birds Eye Mexican Bean Mix, (or a mixture of red kidney beans, black beans and chickpeas)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced/finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp hot chili powder
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 400 g tin of chopped tomatoes
- Approx 4 large handfuls of tortilla chips
- 100 g grated vegan cheese, (preferably one that melts nicely)
- 250 g cooked rice, (I cooked mine with some paprika and tomato puree)
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted and sliced
- Fresh coriander, torn
Make the chilli
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan on a medium heat. Saute the onions, garlic and pepper for 4 minutes, until softened.
- Add the spices, salt and pepper then cook for a further minute.
- Stir in the beans and chopped tomatoes. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
Prepare the cheesy nachos
- Heat the grill.
- Scatter the nacho/tortilla chips onto a baking tray and sprinkle with the vegan cheese.
- Cook for a few minutes until the cheese starts to melt, then remove from the heat.
Assemble the bowl
- Add a serving of the bean chilli to each bowl, along with some rice, avocado or any other extras you like, leaving room on one side of the bowl for the nachos.
- Place the nachos on the other side of the bowl. Serve and enjoy!