I have recently been working with Nakd again to create some recipe videos! It’s been really fun and I can’t wait to share them with you all, so stay tuned…
One of the recipe videos is for my Nakd Chocolate Mousse Pots and whilst making them again, an idea struck me to turn them into a Halloween dessert.
Simply by adding tombstone-shaped cookies, these mousse pots are turned into graveyard plots! Pretty morbid, I know. But delicious and a perfect treat for Halloween!
- 175g / 1¾ cup ground almonds
- 1 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp agave nectar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 medium lemon
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp agave nectar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Make the mousse pots according tothese instructions. You can make two large servings or four small pots. Leave in the refrigerator whilst you prepare the cookies.
- Preheat the oven to 180c / 350f and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a food processor or mixer, mix together the ground almonds and arrowroot powder. Add the coconut oil in a small bit at a time so it's evenly distributed throughout the dough.
- Mix in the rest of the ingredients and turn the dough out onto a board.
- Roll the dough so it's about ¼ inch thick and using a small sharp knife, cut out your tombstone shapes. Or , if you have tombstone cookie cutters, even better!
- Transfer to the baking sheet and bake for 5-8 minutes until golden brown around the edges. Leave to cool before icing.
- Melt the coconut oil over a bowl of hot water. Stir in the cocoa powder, agave and vanilla extract. Leave to cool in the fridge for a few minutes.
- Transfer the chocolate to an icing bag with a narrow nozzle, suitable for writing. Test a small amount to see if the icing is too runny. If so, return to the fridge to firm up slightly. Once it's the perfect texture, pipe your RIP letters onto the top of the tombstone cookies and leave to set in the fridge for at least 10 minutes.
- Stand the tombstone cookies on top of your mousse pots.
- Optional: Add a few small edible flowers to complete the look.