I know I probably say this every time I make a new smoothie recipe BUT this really IS the best smoothie I’ve ever had!
A smoothie that tastes just like carrot cake with carrots, walnuts, dates, almond milk and an optional drop of vanilla. No bananas, no sugar and full of goodness!
This smoothie came about after I had a few carrots leftover in the fridge and decided to look for a carrot cake smoothie recipe online.
However, all of the recipes I found had bananas in which a) I don’t tolerate well in their raw form and b) totally transforms the taste of a “carrot cake” flavoured smoothie into something different.
So I decided to create my own with just a few simple ingredients, resulting in a thick, smooth, flavourful smoothie that is made with nothing but a few natural ingredients but tastes just like carrot cake.
- 1 large carrot, peeled and grated
- 8 walnut halves, preferably soaked overnight
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground mixed spice, or pumpkin pie spice mix
- 4 dates, chopped and pitted
- 120 ml / 1/2 cup almond milk or more, if needed
- optional 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Simply blend all ingredients together until smooth, adding more almond milk if needed.
- Pour into 2 glasses and serve straight away!
Nutrition InformationYield 2
Amount Per Serving Calories 143 Saturated Fat 1g Carbohydrates 18g Fiber 4g Protein 4g