A fresh, zingy and healthy Matcha smoothie with pineapple and oats. Packed full of nutritional goodness and tropical flavour. A vegan and banana-free recipe.
I was a little late to the Matcha craze. But I finally jumped on board and came up with a more Summer-friendly option for enjoying this healthy tea powder.
A pineapple matcha smoothie!
As with all my smoothie recipes, this one uses no bananas (as I’m slightly intolerant to raw banana). So if you’re not a fan, this recipe is for you.
Pineapple Matcha Smoothie Ingredients
You will need
- Matcha Green Tea powder – You can find this is health food shops, tea speciality shops or online. It can be a little pricey but a little goes a long way.
- Frozen chopped pineapple – You can use fresh here if you prefer but I highly recommend freezing it first, if you can, for a thick, frosty smoothie!
- Oats – To thicken the smoothie and provide some extra fibre too.
- Dairy-free milk – Unsweetened almond milk is my go-to but you can use oat, soy, coconut… whatever you prefer.
- Dates – For natural extra sweetness. Medjool dates are best but any dried dates work just fine.
Matcha Smoothie Health Benefits
Not only do the flavours compliment each other and create the perfect balance of sweetness and earthiness, but the combination of ingredients create one of the most healthy smoothies I’ve ever made.
The pineapple provides an impressive amount of nutrients and a delicious flavour, the matcha is super high in antioxidants and gives an amazing colour, the dates are rich in vitamins, minerals and fibre, in addition to providing the sweetness and the oats give bulk, fibre and cholesterol-lowering goodness.
This smoothie is:
- Dairy-free and vegan
- Banana-free, for those that have intolerances
- Very high in fibre (9.3g per glass!)
- Rich in vitamins and minerals
- Full of antioxidants
More Banana-free Vegan Smoothies
Hormone Balancing Smoothie (with Maca, Almond & Cinnamon)
Pineapple Matcha Smoothie (No Banana)
A healthy and delicious breakfast smoothie, with green tea Matcha, pineapple and oats, filled with antioxidants and fibre!
- 140 g / 1 cup frozen chopped pineapple*
- 3 tbsp oats
- 240 ml / 1 cup unsweetened dairy-free milk
- 1 tbsp Matcha Green Tea powder
- 2 dates, pitted
- Simply mix everything together in a high-powered blender until smooth.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
*You can use fresh but I high recommend freezing it first for a thick, frosty smoothie!
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 151Total Fat 3gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 10mgSodium 59mgCarbohydrates 27gFiber 3gSugar 19gProtein 6g
Megan B says
So excited to have found this recipe and your other banana free smoothies! I too have a banana intolerance but love a good smoothie so cannot wait to try these out. Thanks!
I’m so glad you found the recipes and hope you enjoy them!