This smoothie not only tastes like a blended cinnamon cookie but it’s also a hormone balancing smoothie!
It is so delicious, regardless of any health benefits, so I make this quite often. But I am definitely nutritionally conscious when it comes to hormones too.
This would be a great recipe to add to your seed-cycling regime, if that’s something you’re trying.
Please bear in mind that I am not a health professional and this is just a recipe based on what tastes good + some information I have collected from elsewhere. It might not be for you though, so consult with a professional if you’re unsure.
Hormone-Balancing Smoothie Ingredients
This smoothie contains ingredients that are known to help balance hormones, such as:
- Maca – Maca root is a herbal adaptogen that can provide nutritional support to help our bodies balance hormones and protect us from stress. It also happens to taste SO GOOD. It has a slight malted milk flavour.
- Flaxseed – Flaxseed are rich in lignans (which function as phytoestrogens), omega 3 and fibre.
- Almond butter – Almonds can help regulate your hormone-producing glands and balance blood sugar levels. The almond butter tastes amazing in this smoothie, plus adds a rich texture.
- Ground cinnamon – Cinnamon is known to decrease insulin resistance in women with PCOS, lowers inflammation and will give this smoothie an incredible flavour!
Other ingredients you’ll need:
- (Optional) Raw vegan protein powder – I sometimes use pure hemp protein powder here, but it’s totally optional and I often have it without. It’s just if you want to get some extra protein into your breakfast.
- Vanilla extract – To add more of that cookie flavour
- Unsweetened dairy-free milk – Of your choice. I love almond milk but oat and coconut will work well too.
- Ice cubes – To give it a frosty shake texture!
- Medjool dates – For natural sweetness. You can use other kinds of dates but Medjool gives a slight caramel taste too, which I adore.
And that’s it! Find the full recipe below.
If you enjoyed this recipe, let me know in the comments, leave a rating and tag #WallflowerKitchen on instagram so I can share your creations in my stories!
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 - 2 tsp maca powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- (Optional) 1 tbsp raw protein powder, (I used hemp)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 360 ml / 1 1/2 cups unsweetened dairy-free milk
- Approx 10 ice cubes
- 2 medjool dates, pitted
- Simply add everything to a blender and mix until smooth.
- Taste and adjust flavours, if necessary.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size g
Amount Per Serving Calories 280Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 11mgSodium 82mgCarbohydrates 34gFiber 6gSugar 23gProtein 16g