This is one of my favourite meals that I’ve made quite a lot since I started the vegan lifestyle.
I’m not sure why it’s taken me so long to photograph it and get it on the blog.
It consists of a creamy garlic mushroom sauce on a bed of spaghetti or tagliatelle and it is SO delicious.
No one believes it’s vegan when I make it for them because it’s so creamy and rich. Heaven.
Creamy Vegan Garlic Mushroom Spaghetti
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 180 g dried spaghetti
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 300 g mushrooms, sliced
For the white sauce
- 1 tbsp vegan butter or spread
- 2 tbsp plain flour, use gluten-free, if needed
- 480 ml / 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- ⅛ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- optional 5 tbsp nutritional yeast, for a cheesy flavour
- Cook the spaghetti according to the package's instructions.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan on medium heat and cook the garlic and mushrooms until soft.
- Meanwhile, in a separate pan, melt the vegan butter for the white sauce. Stir in the flour until it's combined with the butter and creates a crumbly dough. Transfer to a blender or food possessor and mix with the rest of the ingredients until smooth. Add back to the pan and simmer on a low heat until reduced and thickened.
- Once the mushrooms are cooked, add the sauce to the pan with them, along with the cooked spaghetti and heat gently for a couple of minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 430Total Fat 18gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 16mgSodium 219mgCarbohydrates 53gFiber 11gSugar 5gProtein 20g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix. For a more accurate breakdown, you can use sites such as myfitnesspal.com using the exact products you used.
I LOVE this meal. I was wondering if you had the nutritional breakdown. It would be greatly appreciated if you could send that on.
Hi Emma, sorry your comment didn’t get through til now for some reason. I’ve just updated the nutritional info for you but please bear in mind it was automated and if you want a more accurate breakdown, you can use a site such as myfitnesspal.com using the exact products you used in the recipe. Hope this helps give a rough idea though!
This dish was absolutely amazing. Even my Omni husband loved it. I added seasoning salt, oregano and rosemary to the blend and threw in some baby spinach at the end. This is now my go to favorite ‘ thank you sooo much!!!
Hi, I tried this recipe for dinner last night and absolute loves it! It was delicious, I was wondering if I could share this with my reader on my blog?