This is one of my favourite meals that I’ve made quite a lot since I started the vegan lifestyle.
I’m not sure why it’s taken me so long to photograph it and get it on the blog.
It consists of a creamy garlic mushroom sauce on a bed of spaghetti or tagliatelle and it is SO delicious.
No one believes it’s vegan when I make it for them because it’s so creamy and rich. Heaven.
- 180 g dried spaghetti
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 300 g mushrooms, sliced
For the white sauce
- 1 tbsp vegan butter or spread
- 2 tbsp plain flour, use gluten-free, if needed
- 480 ml / 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- ⅛ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- optional 5 tbsp nutritional yeast, for a cheesy flavour
- Cook the spaghetti according to the package's instructions.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan on medium heat and cook the garlic and mushrooms until soft.
- Meanwhile, in a separate pan, melt the vegan butter for the white sauce. Stir in the flour until it's combined with the butter and creates a crumbly dough. Transfer to a blender or food possessor and mix with the rest of the ingredients until smooth. Add back to the pan and simmer on a low heat until reduced and thickened.
- Once the mushrooms are cooked, add the sauce to the pan with them, along with the cooked spaghetti and heat gently for a couple of minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 430Total Fat 18gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 16mgSodium 219mgCarbohydrates 53gFiber 11gSugar 5gProtein 20g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix. For a more accurate breakdown, you can use sites such as myfitnesspal.com using the exact products you used.