Who else is in full Christmas mode now? Can’t believe it’s just a month away…
I found these snowflake cookie cutters in Lakeland and felt I HAD to make something with them because they were too pretty not to use!
With a dusting of icing sugar, these cookies are transformed into magical winter snowflakes with a warm Christmas flavour.
The recipe is based on my vegan shortbread recipe, turning it into a more festive cookie by using cinnamon and a snowflake cookie cutter!
These cookies make lovely gifts for the winter season or can even be used as edible Christmas tree decorations.
Simply poke a hole into the dough, using a straw, before baking and thread a ribbon through it once they’re baked and cooled.
- 200 g / 7 oz dairy-free butter, I used Vitalite
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 100 g / 3.5 oz soft light brown sugar
- 300 g / 10.5 oz plan flour or white spelt flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Icing sugar + extra cinnamon, for dusting
- Cream the butter, vanilla and sugar together. Stir in the flour and cinnamon and mix into a dough. Wrap in cling film and chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to firm up.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 160c / 140c (fan) and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Once the dough is chilled, roll out to approximately ½ cm thickness and cut into snowflakes using a cookie cutter. Place on the baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown at the edges, turning half way through to ensure even baking.
- Leave to cool for at least 10 minutes then dust with icing sugar and a pinch of cinnamon.
Nutrition InformationYield 20 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 194Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 21mgSodium 66mgCarbohydrates 28gFiber 1gSugar 11gProtein 3g