Hope you’ve all had a wonderful Christmas! If you find yourself with some leftover cranberry sauce, this recipe is for you…
These light, flavourful muffins are topped with a sharp, sweet swirl of cranberry sauce and a slightly crunchy streusel topping. Perfect for a weekend breakfast treat (preferably eaten in bed, during a lie in) or an afternoon snack with a cup of tea.
I love that red juicy cranberry sauce peaking out the streusel topping. So inviting!
I made this recipe for Laura Ashley’s blog, you can find all my recipes featured on there by clicking here.
- 320 g self-raising flour, (or plain flour with 2 tsp baking powder)
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground mixed spice
- Zest of 1 medium orange
- A small pinch of salt
- 120 ml unsweetened dairy-free milk
- 80 ml orange juice
- 8 tbsp unsweetened soy yoghurt
- 160 ml maple syrup or agave nectar
- 4 tbsp mild-flavoured vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp leftover cranberry sauce
- 4 tbsp rolled oats
- 4 tbsp plain flour
- 3 tbsp crushed pecans, (or other nuts)
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp mild-flavoured vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 180C / 350F and line a muffin tin with 12 muffin cases.
- Stir the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. In a separate bowl or jug, mix the wet ingredients. Gently combine the wet and the dry until you have a smooth batter.
- Divide the mixture equally between the 12 muffin cases.
- Dollop a teaspoon of cranberry sauce on top of each muffin and use a toothpick to swirl it into the mixture.
- In a small bowl, combine the streusel topping ingredients (except the cranberry sauce) until you have a slightly dense, crumbly mixture. Top each muffin with a handful.
- Bake for 25 minutes until golden brown.
- Leave to cool for 10 minutes before enjoying!