I love when a recipe so easy and simple can be this delicious.
If you’re looking for a seriously tasty side dish for Christmas or a dinner party, then you need to try this! It’s stress-free cooking and is ready in under 20 minutes, with minimal effort.
The contrast in textures between the soft mushrooms and the slight crunch of the Tenderstem® combined with the sweet sour balsamic and salty, earthy garlic and soy sauce, treats your palate to some serious umami goodness.
This dish is also very easy to make gluten-free. Simply swap soy sauce for tamari sauce or coconut aminos (to make it soy-free and paleo diet-friendly).
- 200 g Tenderstem
- 200 g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tsbp vegetable oil, (such as light olive oil or coconut oil)
For the balsamic sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce, (or tamari /coconut aminos for gluten-free version)
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
To make the sauce
- In a small bowl or jug, mix together all the sauce ingredients. Taste and adjust, if needed and set aside.
To cook the mushrooms & tenderstem
- Add the oil to a large sauté pan (with a lid but leave it off for now) on a medium-high heat.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes, shaking or stirring them every now and then.
- Add in the sauce and stir to coat the mushrooms. Add the tenderstem, put on the lid and cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy! This makes a wonderful side dish but can also be made into a main meal too.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 86Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 0mgSodium 519mgCarbohydrates 5gFiber 0gSugar 2gProtein 2g