Plain hummus needs no tampering with, I could happily eat it with a spoon just as it is. But for something a little different and extra special, I’ve created a roasted garlic and rosemary hummus.
It’s beautiful, strong flavour makes it the perfect dip or spread for a picnic or summer lunch.
This hummus is just so flavourful, I want to spread it on everything! From crackers to sandwich fillings. It’s:
- Vegetarian & vegan
- Gluten-free & grain-free
- Super easy to make
Recipes that use Hummus:
If you enjoyed this recipe, let me know in the comments, leave a rating and tag #WallflowerKitchen on instagram so I can share it on my stories!
- 1 medium garlic bulb
- 1 x 400g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp tahini
- A few fresh rosemary leaves
- Juice from half a lemon
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 80 ml / 1/3 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Chop the top off the garlic bulb so the tops of the cloves are exposed. Wrap lightly in foil and roast for an hour. Then leave to cool before removing the skins.
- Add all the ingredients to a high-powered blender and mix until smooth. If it's too thick, add more water.
- Serve with extra olive oil drizzled on top and a sprig of rosemary. Enjoy!
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 188Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 0mgSodium 500mgCarbohydrates 25gFiber 5gSugar 8gProtein 6g