This is one of those recipes that makes me think “Why didn’t I make this sooner??” it’s so simple and SO delicious.
I have a feeling I’ll be making it very often from now on!
Just puff pastry, topped with hummus and roast Mediterranean vegetables makes the most satisfying lunch – delicious served both hot and cold (great for packed lunches).
This tart is:
[li]Vegetarian & vegan[/li]
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped basil
- 400 g mixed chopped Mediterranean vegetables, peppers, courgettes, onions, tomatoes, aubergines
- 1 sheet of vegan-friendly puff pastry, room temperature
- 1 large pot of hummus
- Preheat oven to 220C / 430F.
- Drizzle the oil over the vegetables along with the chopped basil in a medium roasting tray. Roast for 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the puff pastry sheet. You can either make one large tart or two smaller ones. To make two, simply slice the sheet in half widthways. You may need to trim it a little to fit onto a baking sheet.
- Score a 3cm border around the sheet and prick the middle with a fork a few times to stop it puffing up too much. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Once the puff pastry is cooked, remove from the oven and top with the hummus, using as much or as little as you like. Then top with the roast vegetables.
- Serve and enjoy! Delicious both hot and cold.
[info_box type=”download_box”]If you’ve tried one of my recipes, I would love to see and hear about it! Leave a comment below and tag your social media posts with #WallflowerKitchen[/info_box]