This is one of those recipes that makes me think “Why didn’t I make this sooner??” it’s so simple and SO delicious.
I have a feeling I’ll be making it very often from now on!
Just puff pastry, topped with hummus and roast Mediterranean vegetables makes the most satisfying lunch – delicious served both hot and cold (great for packed lunches).
A vegetable hummus tart in 4 simple steps
Find the full recipe + video in the recipe card below, outlining these very simple steps.
- Roast some colourful Mediterranean vegetables
- Cook the puff pastry (according to the packet’s instructions)
- Load the cooked pastry with a pot of hummus
- Top with the roasted veg and enjoy!
More ways to use vegan puff pastry
If you enjoyed this recipe, let me know in the comments, leave a rating and tag #WallflowerKitchen on instagram so I can share your creations in my stories!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium bell peppers, sliced
- 1 small courgette / zucchini, sliced
- 1 medium red onion, sliced into wedges
- Approx 10 baby tomatoes, whole or halved
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 sheet of vegan-friendly puff pastry, room temperature
- 1 tbsp chopped basil
- 1 x 300 g / 10 oz pot of hummus
- Fresh basil, torn (optional)
- Preheat oven to 220C / 430F.
- Drizzle the oil over the vegetables in a medium roasting tray. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Roast for 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the puff pastry sheet. You can either make one large tart or two smaller ones. To make two, simply slice the sheet in half widthways. You may need to trim it a little to fit onto a baking sheet.
- Score a 3cm border around the sheet and prick the middle with a fork a few times to stop it puffing up too much. Bake for 15-20 minutes (or according to the packet's instructions).
- Once the puff pastry is cooked, remove from the oven and top with the hummus, using as much or as little as you like. Then top with the roast vegetables.
- Scatter over some fresh basil (optional) and enjoy! Delicious served both hot and cold.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 276Total Fat 16gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 0mgSodium 319mgCarbohydrates 25gFiber 8gSugar 3gProtein 9g