Hi everyone! I must apologize for my absence these past couple of weeks… but it’s been for a good reason, I assure you.
You see, I have been busy writing a book and this past month or so has been about me manically testing recipes and proofing text to make sure everything is ready as soon as possible.
I’m happy to say I am now finished and the book will be available next week, listen out for more details in the next few days!
Anyway, for now I am sharing this very refreshing drink I made over the weekend. A fresh lemonade, sweetened with maple syrup and infused with peach and thyme flavours.
It’s been very muggy these past few days and this really hits the spot in terms of hydration and taste.
It has everything you love about homemade lemonade but with the sophisticated pairing of peach and thyme along with a healthier sweetener.
Maple Lemonade with Peaches & Thyme
A delicious, thirst-quenching, homemade lemonade infused with maple, peach and thyme flavours.
- 3 peaches, sliced
- Zest of 1 small lemon
- A few sprigs of fresh thyme, reserve some for serving
- 120 ml / ½ cup maple syrup
- 720 ml / 3 cups water, still or sparkling
- 120 ml / ½ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- In a blender, combine the peaches, lemon zest, thyme, maple syrup and ½ cup of the water. Blend until smooth.
- Strain the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve and into a large pot or bowl. Discard the leftover pulp.
- Stir in the lemon juice then top up with the water until you reach a desire taste / sweetness. Add more if needed.
- Pour into jugs or bottles and keep in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- To serve, pour some over a glass of ice and add a few sprigs of fresh thyme and lemon slices to the glass, if you wish.
Jessica Edmunds says
This looks absolutely gorgeous and yummy! Good luck with the book, are you selling it?! I would love to see it xxx
Thanks Jessica :-) Yep! It’s hopefully on sale on amazon in the next week or so but I will be posting more about it very soon xxx
Helen @ Scrummy Lane says
I recently started a Pinterest ‘drinks’ board and this one is definitely going on it! Honestly, it sounds delicious. I would happily drink a few of these over any alcoholic cocktail. Congratulations that you’ve finished your book. Wow, what an accomplishment! Can’t wait for the big reveal!
Thank you! I’ve just followed your board, looking through it is making me feel super thirsty now… :-)
Kate - Gluten Free Alchemist says
This sounds amazingly refreshing Amy and the photos are stunning! So pleased to see you have been writing a book……… Your talent needs to be captured! I am sure it will be fantastic!
How lovely of you to say, Kate – thank you! I’m excited about it as it’s going to be out very soon now… I’ll be posting more details within the week :-)
Emma @ Fork and Good says
Beautiful pictures and recipe! Can’t wait to hear more about this book!
Thanks Emma! I can’t wait either!
Aysegul - Ice says
Oh so yummy…
Your photography is superb.
I can only imagine how thyme and peaches make a regular lemonade so delicious.
Good luck with the book.
Thank you Aysegul :-)