You see, I have been busy writing a book and this past month or so has been about me manically testing recipes and proofing text to make sure everything is ready as soon as possible.
I’m happy to say I am now finished and the book will be available next week, listen out for more details in the next few days!
It’s been very muggy these past few days and this really hits the spot in terms of hydration and taste.
It has everything you love about homemade lemonade but with the sophisticated pairing of peach and thyme along with a healthier sweetener.
- 3 peaches, sliced
- Zest of 1 small lemon
- A few sprigs of fresh thyme, reserve some for serving
- 120 ml / ½ cup maple syrup
- 720 ml / 3 cups water, still or sparkling
- 120 ml / ½ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- In a blender, combine the peaches, lemon zest, thyme, maple syrup and 1/2 cup of the water. Blend until smooth.
- Strain the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve and into a large pot or bowl. Discard the leftover pulp.
- Stir in the lemon juice then top up with the water until you reach a desire taste / sweetness. Add more if needed.
- Pour into jugs or bottles and keep in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- To serve, pour some over a glass of ice and add a few sprigs of fresh thyme and lemon slices to the glass, if you wish.