When boiled, cooled and whipped, the maple syrup turns soft and creamy, resulting in a melt-in-your-mouth fudge candy.
The dark sweetness and subtle maple flavour makes this a unique but familiar tasting candy that is super easy to make, uses only 2 ingredients and is vegan-friendly too!
But if you’re making this for a gift, I would recommend a clean shaped mold without engravings or mold into a large slab and cut into squares.
This fudge is:
- 250 g / 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla paste or extract
- Pour the maple syrup into a medium saucepan and bring to the boil, stirring occasionally. Use a candy thermometer to read the temperature, letting it boil until it reaches 110c / 235f. Once it reaches this temperature, remove from the heat.
- Let the pot cool to 80c / 175f, without stirring. Then stir the mixture rapidly with a wooden spoon or spatula. Keep stirring and after about 5 minutes, the mixture will thicken, lighten and become creamy. Stir in the vanilla.
- Once it's thickened and the colour looks like a golden fudge colour, work quickly to transfer the mixture into your molds, as it will set fast. Leave the fudge in the molds to cool completely before removing. Keep the fudge in an air tight tin for up to 1 month at room temperature. Enjoy!