This vegan hot cocoa mix makes a great homemade gift, especially when teamed with this super easy DIY personalised mug. It’s quick to make too, so if you’re looking for a last-minute gift idea – this is for you!
DIY Vegan Hot Cocoa Mix & Personalized Mug Gift
You will need…
- A plain white mug
- Sharpie pens
- A cellophane food bag
- Vegan hot cocoa mix and marshmallows (scroll down for recipe)
- Gift tag
- Optional extras: Vegan candy cane or cinnamon stick
- With your plain white mug and sharpie pens, design your personalized mug by drawing something Christmassy or writing the recipient’s name.
- Position the cellophane bag inside the mug and fill with the hot cocoa mix (recipe below) and top with the marshmallows.
- Tie the bag with a piece of festive ribbon and attach a candy cane or cinnamon stick with a bow.
- Attach a gift tag with instructions on how to prepare the hot chocolate (see recipe below)
- Ta da! An easy, personalized gift :-)
- 100g dark chocolate
- 60g / ½ cup cocoa powder
- 70g / ½ cup coconut palm sugar
- 2 tbsp powdered rice milk (if you can't get hold of this, you can leave it out but the hot chocolate will taste more bitter)
- Vegan marshmallows (I used these)
- Finely chop the chocolate. You can either use a knife, grater or to make things easier use a food processor. Add to a medium sized bowl.
- Sift in the cocoa powder then stir in the coconut palm sugar and powdered rice milk. Mix until well combined.
- Chop the marshmallows into smaller pieces to make mini marshmallows (unless they are already mini sized!)
- You can store this mixture in a sealed container for up to 3 months.
- To make the hot cocoa: Simply whisk 3 tbsp of the hot cocoa mix with 240ml / 1 cup dairy-free in a saucepan over a medium heat. Once combined and warmed, pour into a mug, top with mini marshmallows and enjoy!