What if I told you this delicious, flavourful, spicy, cheezy, crispy-based pizza was only 180 calories, low in fat and 2 of your ‘5 a day’?
Well, this vegan tortilla pizza is all those things.
The base is simply a low-fat tortilla wrap (you can buy low-fat shop-bought ones or make your own gluten-free ones).
It’s topped with tomato pizza sauce, mixed with some nutritional yeast (optional, for a cheesey flavour), onion, a selection of chopped veg, lightly fried with water or a low-cal olive oil spray and some fresh basil.
This pizza is also really nice served cold, making it the perfect healthy (and ridiculously tasty) lunch to take to work!
If you enjoyed this recipe, let me know in the comments, leave a rating and tag #WallflowerKitchen on instagram so I can share your creations in my stories!
- 2 low-fat tortilla wraps (gluten-free, if needed)
- Tomato pizza sauce
- (optional) 2 heaped tbsp nutritional yeast
- Olive oil spray
- 1 small onion, sliced
- Mixture of chopped vegetables
- Fresh basil, chopped finely
- Preheat the oven to 190C / 375F and make sure you have a grill rack or pizza tray (so the pizza can cook underneath).
- Top the wrap with 2-3 tbsp of the sauce and mix in with the nutritional yeast.
- Heat a frying pan to medium heat and lightly cook the onion and vegetables, using a splash of water or a low-cal olive oil spray.
- Arrange the vegetables on top of the wraps and transfer to the oven using a spatula.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes, turning if necessary to ensure even cooking, until the edges are golden brown and crispy.
- Top with some fresh basil.
- Serve hot or cold. Keeps in the fridge for 1-2 days, covered.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1 pizza
Amount Per Serving Calories 181Carbohydrates 30gFiber 5gProtein 7g