A simple vegan lemon curd recipe for use in cakes, cookies and as a topping.
It’s also fat-free and can easily be made paleo-friendly too by using arrowroot powder.
See recipe suggestions below.
Use this lemon curd to make:
If you enjoyed this recipe, let me know in the comments, leave a rating and tag #WallflowerKitchen on instagram so I can share your creations in my stories!
- 60 ml / 1/4 cup cold water
- 3 tbsp arrowroot powder or tapioca flour
- 60 ml / 1/4 cup maple syrup, adjust to taste
- Zest and juice of 1 large lemon
- Optional 1/2 tsp tumeric or other natural yellow dye
- Whisk together the water and arrowroot in a small saucepan until the arrowroot has dissolved.
- Bring to a boil and stir constantly as the mixture begins to thicken. Slowly drizzle in the maple syrup. Cook on a low heat for a further minute.
- Take off the heat and pour into a non-metallic bowl. Add lemon juice & zest and mix well. Optional: Add the turmeric to boost the yellow colour!
- Allow to cool to room temperature and give the mixture a whisk before serving. It should be thick and spreadable. The curd can be kept in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Instead of adding the zest to the curd, you can boil the water with the zest for a few minutes beforehand. Then sieve and discard the zest. Make sure it's completely chilled before mixing with the arrowroot.