Easy to make treats that are filled with crunchy peanut butter goodness and sweet, marshmallow-y goodness. Vegan recipe with a gluten-free option!
These rice krispie squares are sweet, nutty, crunchy yet gooey and ridiculously moreish.
If you’re not avoiding gluten, you can just use regular Rice Krispie cereal but to make these gluten-free, I used Nature’s Path Crispy Rice cereal.
Crunchy or smooth peanut butter is of course down to preference but I really recommend the crunchy kind in this recipe to give another texture and extra crunch.
More ways to use vegan mini marshmallows:
- 4 tbsp dairy-free butter spread
- 225 g / 3 cups vegan mini marshmallows, I used Freedom Mallows
- 165 g / ⅔ cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 125 g / 5 cups gluten-free rice crisp cereal, I used Nature's Path
- Melt the spread in a large saucepan over a low-medium heat. Stir in the marshmallows until melted.
- Mix in the peanut butter until combined and a smooth, thick mixture is formed.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the vanilla extract and Rice Krispies.
- Add the mixture to a 9x9 inch baking tin and flatten firmly.
- Leave to cool completely before cutting into 16 squares or 25 mini bites.
I put my mixture in the freezer for 10 minutes, to help it firm up quickly.
Nutrition InformationYield 16
Amount Per Serving Calories 151Saturated Fat 1gCarbohydrates 23gFiber 1gProtein 3g