These rice krispie squares are sweet, nutty, crunchy yet gooey and ridiculously moreish. I
f you’re not avoiding gluten, you can just use regular Rice Krispie cereal but to make these gluten-free, I used Nature’s Path Crispy Rice cereal.
Crunchy or smooth peanut butter is of course down to preference but I really recommend the crunchy kind in this recipe to give another texture and extra crunch.
More ways to use vegan mini marshmallows:
If you enjoyed this recipe, let me know in the comments, leave a rating and tag #WallflowerKitchen on instagram so I can share your creations in my stories!
- 4 tbsp dairy-free butter spread
- 225 g / 3 cups vegan mini marshmallows, I used Freedom Mallows
- 165 g / 2/3 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 125 g / 5 cups gluten-free rice crisp cereal, I used Nature's Path
- Melt the spread in a large saucepan over a low-medium heat. Stir in the marshmallows until melted.
- Mix in the peanut butter until combined and a smooth, thick mixture is formed.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the vanilla extract and Rice Krispies.
- Add the mixture to a 9x9 inch baking tin and flatten firmly.
- Leave to cool completely before cutting into 16 squares or 25 mini bites.
I put my mixture in the freezer for 10 minutes, to help it firm up quickly.
Nutrition InformationYield 16
Amount Per Serving Calories 151Saturated Fat 1gCarbohydrates 23gFiber 1gProtein 3g