Soups are one of the best parts of winter and this is one of the best soups. It’s spicy, it’s salty, it’s mildly sweet, mildly “cheezy” and full of flavours. Made with broccoli, courgette, peas, chilli peppers, sweet potato, corriander and a dash of nutritional yeast, this soup has a lot of goodness going on.
The spice is perfect for warming you up after coming in from the freezing cold outside and is very beneficial for those suffering from a blocked nose as it helps clear the airways and gives you an immune boost. But aside from the fact that this soup is beneficial for your health, it’s also just so damn delicious.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 large green chilli pepper, diced
- 1 large sweet potato, roughly chopped
- 1.25 litres vegetable stock
- 2 courgettes, roughly chopped
- 1 broccoli head, roughly chopped
- 1 cup petit pois peas
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh or frozen coriander
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp tamari sauce or soy sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan and sauté the onions, garlic and chilli for a few minutes until softened.
- Add the sweet potato and cook for a couple of minutes before adding the vegetable stock. Bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the courgettes, broccoli and cook for a further 5 minutes before adding the peas, coriander, nutritional yeast and tamari sauce. Cook for another 2 minutes to heat everything together.
- Pour the contents of the saucepan into a blender and mix until smooth. Return to the saucepan and heat through, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with some crushed dried chilli peppers or black pepper. Enjoy!
Share the love!
— Wallflower Girl (@wallfloweraimee) January 20, 2016