These caramelised peanuts with sesame seeds are my new addiction. I type this in between shoving handfuls of the peanuts into my mouth. They’re too good.
And they’re SO easy to make. Just 3 ingredients, one pot and 15 minutes.
So this is a great candy recipe you can whip up quickly and easily for yourself but it’s also a great idea for gifts! I hoped that packaging most of the nuts in a jar with a pretty ribbon would stop me from eating them long enough to give to a friend next week, but unfortunately my cravings were too powerful to be stopped.
It’s great halloween candy too! Can’t believe it’s nearly that time of year again already…
There are plenty of ways to adapt this recipe to your tastes. Whether you want to add a pinch of salt for that salty sweet flavour. Some vanilla extract, just before you turn it out to dry is also a nice addition. Or you might like to try a pinch of cinnamon or cacao powder. Or even try it with different nuts such as almonds or walnuts.
- 300g (2 cups) raw peanuts
- 220g (1 cup) white granulated sugar
- 90ml (1/3 cup) water
- 45g (1/3 cup) sesame seeds
- Add the peanuts, sugar and water to a medium saucepan and stir over a medium heat.
- After a few minutes, the mixture will begin to bubble and then it will start to crystalize. Keep stirring as the sugar melts and begins to turn syrupy.
- Once all the sugar has melted and the peanuts are fully coated, remove from the heat and transfer to a tray lined with parchment paper. Quickly sprinkle the sesame seeds on top and let them cool for 15 minutes.
- Store in an air-tight jar or container for up to 1 month. Enjoy!