These caramelised peanuts with sesame seeds are my new addiction. I type this in between shoving handfuls of the peanuts into my mouth. They’re too good.
And they’re SO easy to make. Just 3 ingredients, one pot and 15 minutes.
How to make candied peanuts with sesame seeds
The full recipe is at the bottom of this post, as well as a video outlining everything.
But for a really quick visual, here is how to make this delicious snack:
Just three ingredients are needed:
- Raw peanuts
- Sesame seeds
Caramelise the peanuts
Cooking the peanuts with sugar and water on a high heat will cause them to crystallise.
Add the sesame seeds
Then, whilst they’re still hot and sticky, sprinkle them with sesame seeds which will create a crunchy outer layer.
Allow them to cool and that’s it!
So this is a great candy recipe you can whip up quickly and easily for yourself but it’s also a great idea for gifts!
I hoped that packaging most of the nuts in a jar with a pretty ribbon would stop me from eating them long enough to give to a friend next week, but unfortunately my cravings were too powerful to be stopped.
More homemade treats that make great gifts:
If you enjoyed this recipe, let me know in the comments, leave a rating and tag #WallflowerKitchen on instagram so I can share your creations in my stories!
- 300 g / 2 cups raw peanuts
- 220 g / 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 90 ml / 1/3 cup water
- 45 g / 1/3 cup sesame seeds
- Add the peanuts, sugar and water to a medium saucepan and stir over a medium heat.
- After a few minutes, the mixture will begin to bubble and then it will start to crystalize. Keep stirring as the sugar melts and begins to turn syrupy.
- Once all the sugar has melted and the peanuts are fully coated, remove from the heat and transfer to a tray lined with parchment paper. Quickly sprinkle the sesame seeds on top and let them cool for 15 minutes.
- Store in an air-tight jar or container for up to 1 month. Enjoy!