I hadn’t realised before but most store-bought roasted nuts are made with wheat and sometimes dairy too.
Thankfully, it’s SO easy to make them yourself. And this way you get to make them just how you like them.
You can choose which nuts you want to use, how spicy you want it and if you want to add any additional flavours.
Most importantly, you can tailor it to suit your dietary needs.
I made this recipe with my cousins on a trip to Connemara, Ireland, earlier this year.
Since between the three of us there is a photographer, stylist and food blogger – it seemed natural that we should create our own shoot.
So this recipe is very much a family effort and we got to use some wonderful local foods and props too. Enjoy!
Easy Spicy Roasted Cashews
A super simple way to create your own spicy roasted nuts mix, just how you like it!
- 250 g / 2 cups raw cashews
- 4 tbsp your favourite hot sauce
- optional extra seasonings such as dried herbs, chili flakes, salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 120C / 250F.
- Add the cashews, sauce and any seasonings you might be using to a plastic container. Shake vigorously to mix the flavours together.
- Transfer to a baking tray or roasting tin.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes, shaking the tray every now and then to allow for even browning.
- Once they're golden and dry, remove from the oven and leave to cool for 15 minutes before serving.
- Keep in an air-tight container for up to two weeks.
Leave a Reply