Carrot & Coriander Soup: A spring essential! My version is fat-free, quick and super duper simple to make.
It’s actually embarrassing how easy it is to put together. And it’s even more embarrassing that it’s only 70 calories per serving!
Which makes it an absolutely perfect starter – not too heavy but still satisfying and full of flavour.
Whenever I come home carrying a bag of vegetables from the market, my dog knows if I’ve bought carrots.
She immediately sniffs them out and digs her face into the bag (whilst I’m still carrying it into the house).
I especially love when they’ve still got their tops on, because she looks so amusing carrying around a carrot, tripping over the leaves! I’ll have to take a photo of it next time.
As for coriander… we’re pretty obsessed with that in our house too. One of my favourite ways to use it is to roast it with some broccoli and garlic. It’s HEAVEN.
I will have to put the recipe on the blog soon, I can’t believe I haven’t already shared it. Anyway, my next favourite way to eat it is this soup…
Despite being only 5 ingredients, fat-free and ready in 20 minutes… this soup is so creamy and flavourful, you wouldn’t know someone hadn’t been slaving over a pan for hours making it ;-)
This soup is:
- Vegetarian & vegan
- Gluten-free & paleo
- Only 70 calories per serving!
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 4 large carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 medium white potato, peeled and roughly chopped
- 4 cups / 940ml low-salt vegetable stock
- A large bunch of fresh coriander
- Simply add all the ingredients to a large saucepan and boil for 15 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Transfer to a blender and mix until smooth.
- Serve with extra chopped coriander and enjoy!
Nutrition InformationYield 4
Amount Per Serving Calories 71 Saturated Fat 0.2g Carbohydrates 16.6g Fiber 3g Sugar 4g Protein 1.7g
Want more high carb low fat recipes? Click on the image below!
What’s your favourite way to enjoy carrots? I love them just eaten raw with some hummus :-)