Unbelievably delicious and easy to make, these orange segments are dipped in dairy-free or dark chocolate and sprinkled with sea salt for a fresh but indulgent taste. Perfect for parties.
This recipe was made by my cousin, Aoife, on our trip to Connemara in Ireland, earlier this year with our other lovely cousin, Michelle.
Since between the three of us there is a photographer, stylist and food blogger – it seemed natural that we should create our own shoot.
So this recipe is very much a family effort and we got to use some wonderful local foods and props too. Enjoy!
Chocolate Dipped Orange Slices with Sea Salt
The idea of dipping orange segments into chocolate is nothing new. But have you tried it with sea salt? You really need to.
The sweetness of the orange with the bitterness of the dark chocolate and that salty hit is just to-die-for.
So much goodness and yet it’s ridiculously easy to make and healthy too!
Serve these for your Christmas or New Year celebrations or make them for yourself as a tasty but innocent treat.
- 1 x 200 g / 7oz bar of dark chocolate
- A pinch of sea salt
- Approximately 5 small oranges or clementines
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper. Peel the oranges and remove any extra pith.
- Melt the chocolate in a heat-proof bowl over a pot of boiled water.
- Carefully dip each orange slice into the chocolate until it comes up half way. Gently place on the baking tray.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and place in the fridge to set for at least 15 minutes.
Nutrition InformationYield 60 Serving Size 1 segment
Amount Per Serving Calories 23Total Fat 1gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 3mgCarbohydrates 3gFiber 0gSugar 2gProtein 0g