This recipe is perhaps far too Summer-y for February but for those of you who need a little more sunshine in your life… try this Peach Melba Sunrise Smoothie!
All the flavour of the classic Peach Melba dessert; peaches, raspberries and vanilla ice cream, in healthy breakfast form. This smoothie is so delicious, so creamy and so pretty too.
I was in Ireland a couple of weeks ago where I witnessed some of the most beautiful sunrises, sunsets and skies I’d ever seen. So this smoothie is partly to help with my beautiful sunrise withdrawal symptoms…
If you enjoyed this recipe, let me know in the comments, leave a rating and tag #WallflowerKitchen on instagram so I can share your creations in my stories!
- 75 g / 3/4 cup frozen raspberries
- 240 ml / 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- optional 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 peach, peeled and chopped
- 240 ml / 1 cup orange juice
- In a blender, mix the raspberries, almond milk, vanilla and lemon. Blend until smooth, adding a little more almond milk if it's too thick. Taste and add the maple syrup if desired.
- Pour into two glasses, filling up half way.
- Rinse out the blender and mix the peach and orange juice until smooth.
- Pour on top of the raspberry mixture in the two glasses, letting it pour naturally to create a marbled, sunrise effect.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 189Total Fat 2gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 0mgSodium 10mgCarbohydrates 41gFiber 7gSugar 31gProtein 3g