Delicious grain-free chocolate chip cookies with almond flour and hazelnuts. Easy to make and some of the best gluten-free cookies I’ve tried!
These cookies use a few very innocent ingredients (almonds, sunflower/coconut oil, maple syrup, hazelnuts and dark vegan chocolate) to create a classic cookie texture and delicious taste.
They’re naturally vegan, gluten-free and paleo but everyone will enjoy them!
Chocolate chip cookies are amazing in their own right, but adding a few chopped hazelnuts makes them even better, I reckon.
You can’t go wrong with pairing hazelnuts and chocolate, plus it adds a nice crunchy texture to these chewy cookies.
Paleo Hazelnut Chocolate Chip Cookies
Paleo, vegan cookies with a chewy texture. Delicious!
- 200 g / 2 cups ground almonds, almond flour
- A pinch of salt
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 60 ml / ¼ cup olive oil or coconut oil
- 60 ml / ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 50 g / ¼ cup chopped roasted hazelnuts
- 50 g / ¼ cup vegan dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 170c / 340f and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Stir together the ground almonds, salt and bicarb in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix in the sunflower oil, maple syrup and vanilla. Stir until it creates a dough.
- Gently fold in the hazelnuts and chocolate chips.
- Use a rounded tablespoon (or small ice cream scoop) to make cookie mounds on the baking sheet. You should get approximately 15 cookies. Gently flatten them with your palm.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes, turning half way to ensure even browning.
- Leave to cool completely before serving as they will be quite soft and gooey straight out of the oven. I like to keep them in the fridge for an hour or so to firm up. Enjoy!
Cookie fail for me : ( Next time I would try less oil as they were really oily and hard to form into shape. When I took them out to turn them after 5 mins they had already burned on the outside but fell apart when I tried to lift them off the tray.
I have to update this. Even though it was a fail they still tasted really great – we ate the lot in one sitting!
You put a whole new spin on baking! These cookies look divine! Your usage of ground almonds and roasted hazelnuts are just beyond amazing!
Kelly - Life Made Sweeter says
Your cookies always leave me smitten :) I love the combination of almonds and hazelnuts in here! Definitely wish I had a few of these right now!
Very Nice indeed! I have a similar recipe which we all love so these must be delicious too!
Kate - Gluten Free Alchemist says
Choc-chip cookies are always yum! Love that these use coconut oil, ground almonds and maple syrup. I imagine they have a real depth of flavour…