What’s better than shortbread?
Except chocolate-chip shortbread, that is.
These buttery biscuits are melt-in-your-mouth heaven and the little bites of chocolate just take it to a new level of delicious-ness. So if you’re still craving a little bit of chocolate, but not too much after Easter, then give these a go.
As always, this recipe is dairy-free, eggless and vegan!
- 200 g dairy-free butter, (make sure it's a good tasting one!)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100 g caster sugar
- 300 g plain flour, sifted
- 1 tbsp cornstarch, or arrowroot powder
- 75 g dark chocolate chips, (dairy-free)
- Cream the butter, vanilla and sugar Stir in the flour and corn flour and mix into a dough.
- Mix in the chocolate chips a small amount at a time, gently folding into the dough until it’s all combined.
- Wrap in cling film and chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to firm up.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 160c / 140c (fan) and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Once the dough is chilled, roll out to approximately ½ cm thickness and cut into shapes.
- Place on the baking sheet, sprinkle with a little extra sugar and bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown at the edges, turning half way through to ensure even baking.
- Leave to cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.