Festive fudgey vegan brownies made with mince meat for a Christmas twist! These chocolate-y treats are easy to make gluten-free too.
All I want for Christmas is… Brownies.
These gooey, chocolatey brownies are made with a Christmas twist – Festive spices and mincemeat!
I was toying with the idea of calling these vegan Mince Pie Brownies or Mincemeat Brownies but don’t want it to deter those who don’t like mince pies… because I think you will love these brownies.
These brownies are vegan and therefore eggless and dairy-free too.
There is a gluten-free option and in fact, the ones photographed are made with gluten-free flour to demonstrate how well it works in this recipe.
The mince pie filling gives these brownies a fruity, natural sweetness and an incredible texture.
Honestly one of the nicest brownies I’ve had!
So if you’re craving something chocolate-y but with lots of festive spice, give these Christmas brownies a try.
- 150 g / 1 cup plain flour (gluten free if needed)
- 250 g / 1 ¼ cup brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 100 g / ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp mixed spice, or pumpkin pie spice mix
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp bicarbonate soda
- A pinch of salt
- 120 ml / ½ cup unsweetened applesauce, or apple puree, you can find this in the baby food aisle!
- 80 ml / ⅓ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 60 ml / ¼ cup vegetable oil, I used sunflower
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 90 g / ½ cup vegan dark chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp vegan-friendly mincemeat, (mince pie filling)
- Preheat oven to 180c / 350f and line a 8x8 inch brownie tin with baking paper.
- Mix the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, spices, baking powder, soda and salt together in a large bowl.
- Stir in the applesauce, almond milk, oil and vanilla to make a smooth batter.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and mincemeat.
- Transfer the mixture to the baking tin and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Leave to cool completely before cutting into 16 squares. Enjoy!
Nutrition InformationYield 16 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 168Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 1mgSodium 41mgCarbohydrates 29gFiber 2gSugar 20gProtein 2g