This is such a simple but SUCH a delicious dessert. I’m talking plate-licking level delicious.
The “cream” is in fact ice cream and I like to use a plain vanilla coconut milk ice cream (you can find all my ice cream recipes here) but you can use any ice cream you like or even serve it with some coconut whipped cream instead.
I have made this recipe at least three times now and can see myself making it many more times this summer…
Of course, this recipe would be so easy to adapt, using other fruits.
Pineapple would be so good, especially with coconut milk ice cream!
Sprinkle it with some coconut or maple sugar and grill it til it’s caramelized and juicy.
OK I need to try that now… Anyway, onto the recipe.
This dessert is:
- Gluten-free & grain-free
- Refined sugar-free
- Easy and quick to make
- 2 fresh, ripe peaches
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp almond extract, or almond liquer
- A handful of flaked almonds, toasted
- Coconut milk ice cream, or vegan ice cream of your choice
- Preheat the grill.
- Slice the peaches in half and remove the stones.
- Brush the halves with a mixture of the maple syrup and almond extract and grill for approximately 5-8 minutes until browned and juicy.
- Serve immediately with a scoop of vegan ice cream and the toasted almond flakes. Enjoy!