The base is simply a low-fat tortilla wrap (you can buy low-fat shop-bought ones or make your own gluten-free ones).
It’s topped with spicy arrabiata sauce mixed with some nutritional yeast (optional, for a cheesey flavour), a selection of Mediterranean chopped veg and garlic, lightly fried with water or a low-cal olive oil spray and some fresh basil.
- 1 low-fat tortilla wrap, gluten-free, if needed
- Arrabiata sauce or plain tomatao sauce, see recipe below or use a low-fat shop bought version
- optional 2 heaped tbsp nutritional yeast
- optional 1 cal extra virgin olive oil spray
- 1/4 red onion, sliced
- 1/4 courgette, diced
- Mixture of bell peppers, sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- Fresh basil, chopped finely
Quick arrabiata sauce
- 1/4 cup tinned tomatoes or passata
- 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 clove garlic
- Fresh basil
- Preheat the oven to 190c / 375f and make sure you have a grill rack or pizza tray (so the pizza can cook underneath).
- Make a quick arrabiata sauce by mixing the tomatoes, chilli flakes, garlic and basil together in a food processor until smooth.
- Top the wrap with 2-3 tbsp of the arrabiata sauce and mix in with the nutritional yeast.
- Heat a frying pan to medium heat and lightly cook the onion, courgette, peppers and garlic until softened, using a splash of water or a low-cal olive oil spray.
- Arrange the vegetables on top of the wrap and transfer to the oven using a spatula.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes, turning if necessary to ensure even cooking, until the edges are golden brown and crispy.
- Top with some fresh basil.
- Serve hot or cold. Keeps in the fridge for 1-2 days, covered.
Amount Per Serving Calories 181Carbohydrates 30gFiber 5gProtein 7g