This summer, most of my breakfasts have been frozen… Frozen yoghurt pops, fruit smoothie pops and now this Mango Lassi Frozen Yoghurt. Even when, on quite a few occasions, the weather has been grim (12°c and pouring with rain) I’ve kept up this frozen breakfast habit. It’s a pretty refreshing way to start the day!
Originally I just planned on creating a Mango Lassi, a drink I’ve been dying to try for ages but it inevitably ended up in my ice cream maker. Another ice cold breakfast treat! It was love at first taste, like I knew it would be.
- 200 g mango, fresh cubed or canned pulp
- 500 g dairy-free yoghurt*
- 3 cardamom pods
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- Blend all ingredients together in a blender until smooth.
- You can either use an ice cream maker (following the manufacturer's instructions) or give it a good whisk before adding it to a freezer-safe container and freezing for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- To serve, let soften at room temperature for a couple of minutes before scooping.
- Enjoy with fresh mango for a healthy frozen breakfast or some dessicated coconut for a tempting dessert.
*I used soy yoghurt for this recipe but think coconut yoghurt would work really well here too.
Nutrition InformationYield 8
Amount Per Serving Calories 54 Carbohydrates 7g Fiber 1g Sugar 6g Protein 3g