A frozen mango lassi dessert, made with dairy-free yoghurt for a refreshing and flavourful vegan summer dessert or breakfast!
This summer, most of my breakfasts have been frozen…
Frozen yoghurt pops, fruit smoothie pops and now this Mango Lassi Frozen Yoghurt.
Even when, on quite a few occasions, the weather has been grim (12°c and pouring with rain) I’ve kept up this frozen breakfast habit. It’s a pretty refreshing way to start the day!
Originally I just planned on creating a Mango Lassi, a drink I’ve been dying to try for ages but it inevitably ended up in my ice cream maker.
Another ice cold breakfast treat! It was love at first taste, like I knew it would be.
- 200 g mango, fresh cubed or canned pulp
- 500 g dairy-free yoghurt*
- 3 cardamom pods
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- Blend all ingredients together in a blender until smooth.
- You can either use an ice cream maker (following the manufacturer's instructions) or give it a good whisk before adding it to a freezer-safe container and freezing for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- To serve, let soften at room temperature for a couple of minutes before scooping.
- Enjoy with fresh mango for a healthy frozen breakfast or some dessicated coconut for a tempting dessert.
*I used soy yoghurt for this recipe but think coconut yoghurt would work really well here too.
Nutrition InformationYield 8
Amount Per Serving Calories 54Carbohydrates 7gFiber 1gSugar 6gProtein 3g