What’s better than sweet potato fries? Harissa sweet potato fries, that’s what.
These smoky, spicy, sweet chips are not only full of delicious flavour but they are healthy and almost fat-free, to boot!
I’m afraid I did “cheat” and used shop-bought harissa paste but perhaps I’ll try a homemade version and blog about it sometime soon to make up for it…
After trying these for the first time, I made a big bag of them to keep marinading in the fridge because I know I’m going to want some more of these to hand.
I like them just to snack on but they would be amazing served along side a burger or served as part of a spicy buddha bowl.
These fries are:
- Vegetarian and vegan
- Gluten-free, grain-free and paleo-friendly
- Low-fat (only 0.8g per serving!)
- Low calorie and diet-friendly
- High in vitamin A and vitamin C
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2 tsp harissa paste
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 200C / 390F and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Slice the sweet potato into fries (no need to peel!) and add to a ziplock bag.
- Add the harissa, garlic powder and salt and pepper to the bag then seal and shake vigorously until the fries are well coated.
- Transfer to the baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve with ketchup, vegan mayo or extra harissa and enjoy!
Nutrition InformationYield 2
Amount Per Serving Calories 94Carbohydrates 20.5gFiber 3.8gSugar 5.6gProtein 1.8g
[color-box color=”green”]If you’ve tried one of my recipes, I would love to see and hear about it! Leave a comment below and tag your social media posts with #WallflowerKitchen :-) [/color-box]
Have you tried sweet potato fries? What’s your favourite way to season them?