What’s better than sweet potato fries? Harissa sweet potato fries, that’s what.
These smoky, spicy, sweet chips are not only full of delicious flavour but they are healthy and almost fat-free, to boot!
I’m afraid I did “cheat” and used shop-bought harissa paste but perhaps I’ll try a homemade version and blog about it sometime soon to make up for it…
After trying these for the first time, I made a big bag of them to keep marinading in the fridge because I know I’m going to want some more of these to hand.
I like them just to snack on but they would be amazing served along side a burger or served as part of a spicy buddha bowl.
These fries are:
- Vegetarian and vegan
- Gluten-free, grain-free and paleo-friendly
- Low-fat (only 0.8g per serving!)
- Low calorie and diet-friendly
- High in vitamin A and vitamin C
Oil-Free Harissa Sweet Potato Wedges
Smoky, spicy sweet potato fries that are almost fat-free but BIG on flavour with the perfect texture!
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2 tsp harissa paste
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 200C / 390F and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Slice the sweet potato into fries (no need to peel!) and add to a ziplock bag.
- Add the harissa, garlic powder and salt and pepper to the bag then seal and shake vigorously until the fries are well coated.
- Transfer to the baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve with ketchup, vegan mayo or extra harissa and enjoy!
Nutrition InformationYield 2
Amount Per Serving Calories 94Carbohydrates 20.5gFiber 3.8gSugar 5.6gProtein 1.8g
Evi @ greenevi says
You know, I could eat sweet potato fries every day! It’s one of those things, that goes well with everything and anything, plus it’s an amazing snack!
Love this harissa and garlic version too, pinned :)
P.S. What a great idea with the ziplock bag!
Wowzaaaaa! Never tried harissa, but after looking at this I’m very tempted! :)
Whaaaaaat? Harissa is amazing stuff, you need to get on that Anna!
Oh yum, I HAVE to try these! We love sweet potato fries in our house, but I have yet to try them with harissa – yum!
Once you try you won’t wanna stop!
Manju | Cooking Curries says
Harissa is one of my favorite spice mixes and I love sweet potato fries! I cant believe i didnt think of this!
It’s a match made in heaven, Manju!
Michelle Blackwood says
I have been wanting so badly to try harissa, your recipe is so tempting now I have to make it!
No exaggeration that I go through a jar a week. I am obsessed with harissa! You need to try it :)