Thanks to Galvanina for sponsoring this post!
I’m not usually a cocktail kind of girl. In fact, I’m not a big drinker at all, in general. But I make an exception for fruity gin cocktails in the summer because of all the spirits, I find it’s the one with the best flavour and compliments so many other wonderful flavours!
So when Galvanina asked me to create a cocktail using their delicious & organic range of fizzy fruit drinks, I knew it had to be a gin-based one.
The drink that most caught my attention from their range was the grapefruit one. You rarely see grapefruit cocktails and yet I could already imagine how delicious it must be in one! That bittersweet sharpness and not to mention it’s beautiful colour.
Pairing it with rosemary, to add an earthy flavour, results in a refreshing and sophisticated summer cocktail.
This grapefruit flavour is perfect for pairing with creamy desserts as the sharp sweetness cuts through the heaviness of the cream. So I’m imagining a glass of this with a bowl of ice cream. Summer perfection!
I was very fortunate that on the day I created this cocktail, the sun was shining outside. Because in Britain, sunshine in summer is never guaranteed and is in fact often a rarity.
So I was delighted to take a glass into the garden and sip away. Heaven.
I love serving these in those trendy hipster jars as it adds an element of fun, plus it just looks good. Matching pink straws are a must.
These grapefruit cocktails are:
- Gluten-free & grain-free
- Easy to make alcohol-free for a delicious mocktail!
- 80ml Galvanina's Organic Grapefruit drink (alternatively, you can use grapefruit juice with sparkling water)
- A few sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 1 part gin
- 2 parts Galvanina's Organic Grapefruit drink
- Sliced lemon
- Extra rosemary sprigs
- Pour the 80ml of the grapefruit juice into a small saucepan. Add a few sprigs of rosemary and simmer for a few minutes to let it infuse.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Discard the rosemary before using.
- Meanwhile, fill two glasses with ice.
- To the glasses, measure one part gin, two parts of the Grapefruit drink and top the glass with the infused rosemary mixture. Stir to combine.
- Serve with extra lemon slices and rosemary sprigs for decoration.
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Galvanina. All words & opinions are my own.